Magbot Chassis build


I received the chassis for the MagBot and put it together.

The chassis kit came like this - with no padding, just like this in a plastic post bag so unsurprisingly the acrylic was snapped in multiple places.

Chassis kit arrived

I ended up gluing the parts that had snapped as I wasn’t confident if I got a replacement that it would be padded correctly.

Broken acrylic

Here is one of the DC motors, I had to solder the leads on these first.

Drilled Holes

Drilled Holes

The motors affixed to the acrylic base.

Drilled Holes

Here is a closeup of the front swivel wheel.

Drilled Holes

This chassis can be reused for a number of robot projects - MagBot can now continue!

About Me

Engineer, maker, do-er...
I basically just like to make things.